friendliness and responsibility. Students, staff and parents share in many decisions. Any Ann Arbor 9th-12th grade student may choose Community High School. Community High School (CHS) is located in the heart of Ann Arbor, adjacent to the Farmer’s Market and Kerrytown. Founded in 1972, we provide challenging and exciting educational experiences for both students and staff. Our curriculum features a comprehensive program that includes foreign languages, jazz, a unique science program, and vocational and career planning. Students can also enroll in courses at Huron, Pioneer, the University of Michigan, and Washtenaw Community College. Shuttle buses to Huron and Pioneer run hourly. The Community Resource Program places students in a variety of community settings for high school credit. The program utilizes local businesses, professionals, and schools.
- A small population of students, each of whom can have a flexible, personalized high school program.
- A unique guidance program that provides students with continual support through a group of peers led by a regular teaching faculty member.
- A variety of teaching styles and learning environments using resources in the community.
- A trust wherein students and faculty work together to set goals in personal, intellectual, and social growth, and in governing and shaping their own community.
- A climate of high expectations and high achievement through cooperation, not competition.
- An environment which fosters development of a strong personal identity, self-motivation and personal responsibility.
- Did we mention the climate?
Community “Commie” High School401 North Division (directions) Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104 Phone: 734.994.2021 Fax: 734.994.0042 Dean: Judy Conger
The admissions schedule for Community has been shifted because of the snow day. The last meeting is this Thursday, the…
MEAP Week 2 -OVER! The whole MEAP business is over! Friday is a normal friday. If you’re missing a test,…